Tile Cleaning & Media Blasting
The Blue Lagoon pool tile cleaning service is a safe and effective technique for removing calcium and scale deposits. Unlike other pool tile cleaning methods which involve dangerous chemicals, the results are faster and cleanup is much easier. And, it’s safe to swim as soon as we are finished!
Our service is specifically formulated for cleaning swimming pool tiles to safely clean dirty grout and remove calcium, oily residue, mold or algae.
The Tile Blasting service utilizes a standard 3500 psi pressure washer with an environmentally friendly soft abrasive mineral blasting media that gently removes calcium, mold, mildew, and hard water deposits from tile, walls and deck of a pool or spa. The abrasive mineral is aggressive enough to remove the toughest deposits, but gentle enough to not damage the grout or scratch the tile glaze.
Schedule a Cleaning Now
Benefits of the Blue Lagoon Tile Cleaning Service:
- Environmentally-friendly to wash into soil
- Water soluble, silica-free & pH neutral abrasive
- Cleans calcium/mold deposits
- Does not scratch or pit tile like glass beads
- Safe on tile & grout
- Cleans multiple surfaces
Tile Cleaning Service Process:
- We will drop the water level down just below the tile, then we remove the calcium with a commercial pressure washer injecting our specially formulated mineral media to blast the calcium and stains away
- The mineral media is softer (3.5 MOH) than the tile ((5-6 MOH) eliminating any risk of damaging the tile * MOH=Measurement of Hardness: 1=talc, 10=diamond
- Our Mineral Media is water soluble and PH neutral. During the cleaning process some of the mineral will settle at the bottom of the pool, we will use a specialized portable filter system to vacuum most of the sediment from the pool
- Once the process is complete, the water should be brought back to normal level
- Any cloudiness in the water is completely safe for swimming, it will dissipate under normal filtration within a couple of days at which time we recommend you clean your filter
- This process will remove calcium from outdoor, untreated, natural rock, brick, glass, and porcelain tile